Wednesday, March 19, 2014

Chatting with my young lady

I had such a wonderful moment yesterday evening with my little three year old.  Kate and I sat outside together, her with her milk, me with my wine and chatted. 

She told me about her day; she played some with Zoe and also with Clair but the "Castle" (the current theme for the home center) only allows 2 at a time so she couldn't play with both together.  This seemed a little dissapointing to her but she seemed to understand that this rule was in place for logical reasons that she doesn't question any longer.  She expresses this by putting both hands in the air, palms up and saying, "Ya know," her head ever so slightly cocked to the side. 

My mind fast forwarded about 12-13 years when I hope to be sitting with her in that very same spot and talking with her about her day and her life.  Last night may have been the first time I thought about the enjoyable aspects of having a teenager.  We always so quickly lament the scarey teenage years.  Well, I for one am going to look forward to chats with my kids, hearing about their perspective on the world and enjoying the exchange of ideas and experiences.  I've got some awesome kids and I can't wait to hear what they think about things. 

Also, I'll continue to teach them yoga so that we all know how to take a deep breath when thats needed.

No comments: